Wednesday 15 December 2010

As many of you know, this last year while Jay was deployed I organized a photography project called 52 Weeks: A Year in the Life of a Deployment. Here I am at the opening night of the Exhibition.
Jay and I at the Show;-)

Here is a short description of the project. "Over the course of the past year, our husbands and fathers were deployed to Afghanistan. While they were away we documented what life was like without them. These photographs depict our lives as members of the 173rd Airborne Brigade, stationed at Caserma Ederle. This exhibition consists of 52 photographs taken by wives, children, and extended family during each week of their loved one’s absence."

The opening night was great and lots of Americans and Italians have come to see the exhibition. After the holidays I will get it all up online with the descriptions and narratives for anyone who is interested in seeing the complete project.
Here are some of the amazing ladies I had the pleasure of working with who helped make this show possible.

2 comments:

  1. This is so neat, Colleen! I wish I could see it in person. I'll look forward to getting a glimpse when you post! Hope all is well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it was a great success! I too wish I could have seen it in person.

    ReplyDelete