Tuesday 2 November 2010

We have had 3 days of pouring rain in Vicenza and on Sunday night the river that runs through the city overflowed, leaving over 20% of the city flooded especially the area around our apt. This picture is the bottom half of my street.
We have electricity now but we went about 36 hours without and I was starting to think we might have to jump ship and head to a friends house if it did not come back on soon. This is the view from behind our apt.
No we do not live in Venice, but you might wonder from this picture. I was pretty surprised to wake up to this view Monday morning just before our electricity went out.
Max and I spent some time on an abstract painting for Jay's return in about a week. We are happy the electricity is back on and now can better prepare for his homecoming.

3 comments:

  1. wow, that's crazy! i'm glad you're on the second story. does that happen often there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on the crazy. I don't know what I'd do in that situation. I'm getting antsy just thinking about it. The water must have been kind of gross too. I loved your Hallowe'en costumes! How exciting that Jay will return in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They say it happens about every 40 years!!! Lucky us;-)

    ReplyDelete